„Worlds most advanced profile cooling“
We are well familiar with material strength, ductility, and dimensional stability. Our sophisticated profile cooling systems provide the right answers.
- In parallel to the profile course, water quench nozzle holders arranged on all sides and swivelled by motor
- Multi-zone division with proportional pressure control
- Optional visualisation of the profile geometry (real data)
- Use of “inoculated” air with high impact velocity
Constant material optimisation of profiles leads to ever higher demands on plant technology, in particular concerning the flexibility of cooling. This is a challenge that we rise to every day.
Alpha Flex Technology
The Alpha Flex Technology is a technical extension of the existing profile cooling system from extrutec. In the future, the axially rotatable nozzle will consist of a two-chamber AL extruded profile.
In the large chamber 1, solid jet nozzles are still used, with which a very high α-value of at least 7,000 W/m2K is achieved for the most intensive water cooling (typical nozzle size V=6/l/min at 7 bar).
In the future, extrutec will close the previously very large "α-gap" between air and water cooling with soft cooling using the patented Alpha Flex Technology with α-values of 500 W/m2K to 1,000 W/m2K (typical nozzle size V=1.3/l/min at 7 bar). Here, water nozzles with very low flow rates are used in the small chamber of the double profile to produce a fine spray cone. These are brought into position by simply rotating the 2-chamber profile axially by 180°, and can of course also be swiveled (+/- 20°) to adapt to asymmetrical profile geometries. Depending on the application, the cooling intensity of Alpha Flex Technology can be adjusted to values less than 500 W/m2K or greater than 1,000 W/m2K by selecting a different nozzle size.
The following heat transfer coefficients are achieved for the individual variants:
- Water quench (full jet nozzles) α at least 7,000 W/m2K
- Soft cooling water mist Alpha Flex Technology (new patent) α 300 W/m2K to 1,500 W/m2K, depending on nozzle size
- Intensive air cooling (at vair = 50 m/s) α up to 200 W/m2K